Written By: Jasmine Amabile
Castor oil is a vegetable oil from castor beans, and the benefits are phenomenal for your skin and hair.
- Perfect moisturizer because it’s rich in fatty acids
- Great for oily and/or acne-prone skin because of its purging capability when matched with impurities like comedones (whiteheads), stale sebum (clogged pores), and pollution.
- It can help your hair grow thicker, so if you’re thinking what I’m thinking slab that on your eyebrows nightly.
- Want to make your eyelashes fuller? You can use a clean mascara brush to apply the castor oil to your upper and lower lashes at night. Regular application will help your lashes grow longer and thicker too, but be careful to not get any in your eyes and don’t forget to remove it in the morning using a makeup wipe.
- Have hair loss or thinning? If you’re noticing less hair near the edges of your face or feel your hair thinning, don’t fear castor oil is here. Make sure to apply it regularly.
People have been using castor oil for thousands of years as a natural remedy for health issues, so join the club and pick it up at your local health food, grocery store, or order it online!
*But as always, consult with a professional for what is best for you and your specific concerns.